Elrond Half-elven is a hero for the Elven faction, and the lord of Rivendell. In The Battle for Middle-earth II, he is in fact voiced by Hugo Weaving, who acted him originally in the movies. Arwen is his daughter.
One of the chief architects of the plan to defeat The Dark Lord Sauron, Elrond was a driving force in the victory of the free peoples of Middle-earth. Elrond knew all too well the power of The One Ring, as he was present at The Battle of the Last Alliance when it was cut from Sauron's hand. He was also present when Isildur failed to throw it into the fires of Mount Doom. Elrond's ability to see the unseen tides of fate and his skill at healing are legendary, but it was his influence in aiding Aragorn that ultimately helped destroy Sauron. Once Aragorn ascended to the throne of Gondor, Elrond and his people sailed west, never again to return to Middle-earth.
Recruited from: Elven Fortress
Command points taken: 50
- Athelas - Elrond heals himself and all nearby Elves
- Leadership (at Level 3) - Elrond gives allies around him an increase in damage and armor, and level-up speed. (Passive)
- Farsight (at level 6) - Elrond can reveal a selected shrouded area of the map.
- Whirlwind (at level 7) - A temporary, small tornado is summoned by Elrond. This is weaker than Galadriel's tornado.
- Restoration (at level 10) - Elrond restores the health of nearby Heroes, and makes their ability-recharge timers finished